Catchpole Legal is a boutique law firm who practises exclusively in the areas of commercial litigation, bankruptcy/insolvency law, debt recovery and enforcement of judgments, wills and estates, including will dispute litigation as well as offering credit file repair services.
Our specialised focus on these areas of the law, together with our long-standing professional relationships with fiancial planners, forensic accountants and insolvency practitioners, enables us to provide the highest quality legal services to both individuals and businesses.
We understand that the most important aspect of running a small to medium-sized business is maintaining your cash flow and keeping your credit file clean. Our solicitors can assist you with:
- suing to enforce contractual, statutory or equitable rights or defending any claim brought against you or your business;
- putting systems in place that minimise the risk of your customers not paying in the first place. These systems include having comprehensive terms of trade, credit agreements, contracts, guarantees and creating appropriate security interests to secure monies owed to you or your business;
- recovering money owed to you or your business through debt recovery proceedings in the Magistrates Court of Victoria if you’re owed up to $100,000.00 or the County Court of Victoria if you’re owed more than $100,000.00;
- applying for and enforcing and judgments against debtors in all court jurisdictions. Enforcement of judgments includes applying for warrants of seizure and sale, garnishee orders, public examinations and commencing bankruptcy and winding-up proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia;
- negotiating with creditors and applying to remove judgments and/or other defaults from your credit file;
- structuring your business and personal affairs to maximise the protection of your personal assets;
- negotiating, documenting and strictly enforcing terms of settlement with your debtors;
- responding to and defending preference claims made by liquidators or bankruptcy trustees;
- drafting wills, powers of attorny, advanced care directives, binding death nominations and testamentary trust deeds;
- administering deceased estates and executorial services; and
- disputing unfair treatment in wills.
At Catchpole Legal, we appreciate the impact of the time, stress and financial costs associated with legal proceedings. We understand that for many people, engaging a lawyer is daunting in and of itself and endeavour to make the process as simple for you as possible by providing you with timely and no-nonsense advice in a relaxed and approachable manner.
Where appropriate, we offer fixed fees for our services and where this is not appropriate, we will always keep you informed of what you will be charged from the commencement of your matter through to completion.
If managing your cash flow and credit is important to you and your business, please contact us for a 15 minute, obligation free discussion about how we can assist you in achieving your goals.